Epiphany

 Today I had an epiphany.

I’ve always wondered how it worked when people would tell me they use tarot cards to do a mediumship reading. How does that work exactly?

I’m still learning tarot, its a lot to digest, from the meanings of the major and minor arcana down to the meaning behind the entire spread itself. Ive been told to look beyond the cards and just get a sense of what you feel. I’ve found that challenging as in the process of trying to decipher the meanings, its easy to get lost in relaying the translation.

Today was different, I created a 3 card spread to connect with others spirit guides to try to relay a message from them to the sitter. My intention was just to get a better understanding of the deck and get some practice in as well as some useful feedback.

My first attempt was a full on fail, I didn’t really feel a connection with that reading at all and I kind of knew that in the back of my head the whole time but I went ahead and gave it a shot.

The second attempt was remarkably different. I looked at the 3 cards before me and just Knew it was a father figure guiding this person. I couldn’t digress from this fact and as I tried to translate the cards message, the overall theme was just as persistent as spirit is when they have something to say. It was strange and reassuring at the same time.

I told the sitter-whom I never met until then-this fact because it seemed like it needed to be said and she confirmed everything. I don’t know if this is a one time event but I’m relieved to know that it wasn’t just my imagination or eagerness to decipher the correct meanings.

Now with this knowledge, I feel like I have some insight into how the cards play a role in this process and it truly was helpful, even though I had no plans to connect with spirit during this process. I try to remain open minded on the various ways they come through and trust that what I receive is not coming from me.

It’s a process and I’ve got a long road to go, I’m excited to see what happens next.

Comments

Popular Posts