Symbols and the frustration that goes with it

 

While I’m thinking about it, I want to bring up the subject of symbols when it concerns the mechanics of mediumship. It took me a Long time to figure out exactly what people meant when they said to look for your own symbols. There’s no universal dictionary of symbols, what one thing means to you means something different to another.

That just boggled my mind, how are you to ever figure out this giant resource of meanings and symbology and then decipher it all during a reading that you’re supposed to just be practicing anyway??

I have a couple that seem to continually appear which I’ve learned over time have the same meaning, but they are so general that I don’t find them helpful at all. I want specific and I want meaning behind it that can give a solid validation. Is that so hard to ask?

I guess.

My first symbol was the ocean. I saw it mainly when a death involved a lot of mixed emotions. I thought it was vague and unhelpful, I mean, what death doesn’t involve mixed feelings and strong emotions? It was mainly to convey that the person was close to the sitter and their passing was still heavy on their heart. Okay but still not solid.

My second symbol was open hands, kind of like the sign language symbol for book, for me that just meant that they were sending their love and usually the end of the reading when they begin to pull their energy back. Alright, I can deal with that but not as helpful as my most recent.

I was doing a practice reading with someone I hadn’t met before on video, at first I wasn’t getting anything so I told her she could go first so I could just see what happens. As she was talking, I noticed someone was trying to come through. To clarify, I saw in my minds eye a young man standing over her shoulder while she was seated, he was clear enough that I could get his physical description pretty vividly.

Sidenote, there are 2 ways to see, in your minds eye and physically, Ive seen both but mostly see in my head. I’d describe it like a memory. When you visualize a person you know well, that’s kind of how it appears, at least for me, the difference being, its not a memory and doesn’t Feel like a memory. It’s a persistent image that literally looks like a person standing there and not frozen like a picture. I can see gestures and feel emotions, you get a sense of knowing that just isn’t coming from you. It’s an odd thing but you learn to differentiate. I’ll go into more detail later.

Anywho, as I’m describing this young man and giving the info as I go along, I remember getting a symbol that I recently saw in another recent practice reading. I didn’t know what it meant the first time but I described it to the sitter and they didn’t seem to understand the meaning either. I left it at that. With this current sitter, I described to her the same hand gesture the boy was giving which was one hand in an ‘O’ shape, it baffled me but he was persistent in showing me and made sure that I conveyed it to her. At first she had no idea either and I explained that I had seen it before and moved on with the rest of the details I was given, including seeing them walking through a wooded path in the forest.

When we finished and reviewed the info that was given, she elaborated on 1 detail that honestly gave me chills once I realized what it meant. He was a photographer. The gesture was one of adjusting the lens when you’re focusing or changing focal lengths. It finally clicked and I understood why he was so adamant to show me this as I am a photographer as well. We both laughed and as she revealed more, the other details just fell into place.

All the info that came in for him was quick and detailed, I didn’t get much of a message but she understood that it was more of him acknowledging that he is around and showing love.

That one little thing, changed my viewpoint on how the smallest of details can make the biggest impact. When spirit is persistent, they will make you sense that and that urge to relay what you’re given is powerful. Powerful enough to put out there whatever you doubted was relevant, because what seems irrelevant to you might be validation for them.

Stop doubting yourself. You have a song stuck in your head playing in the background? That’s how spirit can be, its there until you acknowledge it and let it go. Not obtrusive, subtle. Listen to that song, enjoy it and let it flow.

Comments

Popular Posts