Holding the connection

Yesterday was an interesting day. I feel like I had a nice learning experience and confidence boost at the same time.

During my class, I was asked to do a short reading for someone I never met. She told me to focus on the spirit description and just work on that aspect. Also to give evidence and pause to ask if the sitter could understand the details. Before the class, I prepped myself knowing that I would be reading and I did my attuning exercise for a few minutes until I got the familiar buzzing and lightness that comes along with a connection.

I remember telling the instructor that I felt like I had someone with me already but I didn’t want to mention it yet. She said that happens occasionally and to ask them to wait because someone else might come through during and the other might not be there. She explained it better than that but it made sense.

So I began the reading, took a few breaths, felt the energy and began to see a young boy, no older than 10. The strange thing was that the entire time I kept rubbing my hands together and felt like I couldn’t stay still, I relayed everything I received to the sitter. I can’t remember everything I said (strange little side effect) but I remember him showing me an ornate brown picture frame on the wall and kept referring to it. The sitter was a little surprised because she was looking at the picture 10 mins before our meeting, in the photo was the picture of the person in spirit.

I loved his energy and he kept making silly references and one that stood out was ‘boop’ on the nose. She laughed when I said that because he did that a lot to her. I noticed that I get a lot of gestures from spirit, like they make me want to move my hands in a particular way to relay evidence. I gave everything and she validated everything that came through. It lasted no more than 15 mins.

She mentioned something that I’d like to note, he showed himself as 10 but he actually passed at 22, I asked why do they do that? She said that happens more often than you think because spirit knew we only had little time and by showing that age, the sitter could understand who it was much faster because the sitter was 10 years old when he passed, she knew immediately who it was. Fascinating.

I’m excited because I was able to hold the connection for longer than before, I even began to wane at one point but I was able to move myself out of the way in a matter of speaking. My ego and focus on the fact that this was not about me.

Watching the sitters reaction to what was coming through is what makes me continue to want to work at this so that I can help the healing. She was elated that her brother came through and said she could feel his presence prior to the reading.

Lastly, I’m proud of myself because I got 2 names this time. They were both attached to this person though they weren’t the spirits name, the sitter could verify both. I notice when names come through, I have the need to repeat them over and over, its strange but its an urge almost like having to scratch an itch.  

One thing that made a difference this time was setting the intention to only have 1 person come through at a time and to bring someone the sitter knew and could validate. I asked my guides to assist with hearing and seeing and it worked tremendously. I feel like progress is being made and I want to practice more, though I need to sit in the power more often than once a week. Even writing these experiences down to look back on is helpful.

Comments

Popular Posts