More than a dream

 Had a strange dream 2 nights ago. I don’t know if it’s considered lucid or what to call it because it was more than a dream.

I was woken up repeatedly that night and kept going back to the same dream, standing in a large space, like a wide hall of a large building. It reminded me of a church with an arched roof, I know there were more than 3 people there but what stood out was this little boy. He was no more than 3 or 4 years old, short curly black hair and dark skin. I don’t remember him speaking but I remember his expression was solemn, his eyes were pleading and he would gesture with his arms for me to pick him up. I kept trying to explain to him that I couldn’t because he wasn’t really there.

Each time I reached to pick him up, my arms would go right through him, I knew he was there but not corporeal. I tried 2 times to pick him up to no avail. The third time I reached for him, it was like picking up sand, he had a density to him but my arms still went right through him and I still could not lift him. The entire time I kept feeling a poking sensation in my back and I asked him to stop.

I woke up feeling this poking sensation, with the realization that the poking is what woke me up. I felt my back thinking one of the kids was trying to wake me but upon looking around, they were asleep. I have no explanation for the poking but this is the second time Ive been woken by this that I can remember.

The first time was years ago and it wasn’t in the middle of my back but along my ribs on both sides, it felt like someone was jabbing me with 2 hands along my sides and that too woke me from my sleep only to find no one there.

I plan to look more into this but in both instances, I know it was more than just a dream.

Comments

Popular Posts