Analytical and Woo Woo?

Can you be woo woo without being too woo woo?

I don't blindly accept what I'm told, as should anyone but I also question Everything. Always have. Is it possible to have a scientific and spiritual mindset while still staying grounded?

Well, I believe so. I've tried to balance both sides for a long time now, is it possible to feel like an outsider among the outsiders? What am I talking about, of course, it's easy to feel isolated among like minded people. Especially when you find your rational thought process constantly invading when you're trying to let go and just be.

I sometimes feel like that kid in the back of the classroom with her hand raised during a discussion asking the questions that everyone knows is going to slow down the lecture and make the instructor give a lengthy explanation. Why, why, why, oh and how?

If it requires me to just blindly accept an instruction, I struggle with the concept, I really want to know the mechanics of how it works, why it works, break it down and reverse engineer it. That way, I can get a better understanding and utilize it to its full potential.

Example, 'just know that spirit is there and feel into it'. Um, excuse me but how? How do you know? It's not tangible, AND it's supposed to be different from person to person? No wonder people struggle so much in the beginning. Where's the handbook? Can we just work on this aspect first and really get a handle on what this actually entails? This is what we are all exposed to in the beginning when we begin to ask questions. We receive woo woo answers and it can be frustrating.

I don't mind the woo, just give me more information. If I asked you to describe what a spring day feels like and you tell me-it's nice, that's not helpful. Tell me - it can be warm outside with a cool breeze and you can smell the scent of fresh flowers and cut grass while seeing the first signs of insects and butterflies fluttering about, then I'd have a better idea.

Sometimes, I think maybe I can be too cynical and the judgy me pops out with the- what the hell? I don't believe that mess, get outta here! It turns me off in a way that makes me understand how people can be so judgmental about the extreme woo woo-ers out there (pardon my typos, I'm sure that's not a word). You'll also notice that a lot of advice that's given out is just words that were spewed to that person with no real meaning behind them, just words they heard from someone else that don't really resonate with you.

Consider me grounded and down to earth, maybe to a fault. Part of me just wants to blend in sometimes and then the other part is like-screw it. Who wants to blend in. I just don't want to be bunched in with a group that I don't really feel that I am in my heart. I'm just trying to stay true to myself while also trying to understand that there's more to this life than what we can see and experience with our 5 senses.

There is a balance to life, we should all strive to understand that there are ups and downs and you must adapt to whatever life throws at you, its part of growing as a person. I'm sure I had a point in there somewhere.

My point is, even though this little nugget of 'just know' is common, doesn't mean you can't find proof for yourself. I'll explain:

For me, I need proof, hard, undeniable evidence that what I'm feeling, sensing and experiencing isn't just all in my head. I have a very active and vibrant imagination which also enables me to be highly creative. So when it comes down to discerning my own thoughts from spirit, I need that physical-je ne sais quoi.

So, what I've learned over time and repeatedly, (for me) is whenever spirit is trying to communicate or just give their presence, I receive very strong sensations that I couldn't muster myself even if I tried. And yes, I've tried. I get a feeling in my throat, almost like a fullness in the same spot followed by a tightening sensation in my neck and a buzzing feeling. It feels like anxiety, my voice might get shaky but its a heightened feeling and the energy changes where my pulse increases, I feel like I need to talk fast and if I allow it, I begin to hear words, see images and just 'know' things as if there is no doubt that what I sense is false. My ears begin to ring and feel full and the sense that someone is standing close by my ear on one side.

It's strange and invigorating at the same time and I believe that without these physical cues, I wouldn't trust what I received. It's validation that I get and I think that spirit knows that without these cues, I would go nowhere fast. Not everyone needs this strong validation but as I stated above, it's for me only and frees me from any doubts I might've had.

Validation is different for everyone, you need only ask and work with your spirit team to find what works best for you and learn to recognize these subtle and sometimes not so subtle cues.

Comments

Popular Posts