Chatter in an empty room

 Isn't it strange. I was unpacking some old boxes since we just moved and I found my old notebook that has Many personal thoughts and journal entries I would never share with anyone, even to this day.

What caught my attention was an entry from probably when I was about 18 or 19, it was thoughts on what I was experiencing at the time regarding hearing and seeing strange things. It was a lightbulb moment because I never thought of mediumship or even the possibility of it back then because I thought the experience would be a lot-louder-more obvious? Not subtle as I understand it today.

The entry mentioned my original curiosity as to why I would hear chatter in an empty room or hear loud noises that would wake me from my sleep only to find nothing. It was before my journey really began and it brought up a lot of emotions that I now can sit with and ruminate.

This brings me to my current situation, we recently moved and this house has what I can only describe as 'memories' of previous inhabitants. Our first week here, I was very uncomfortable with the silence, I always need some white noise to drown out-things but no such luck. I was sleep up stairs and I distinctly heard heavy footsteps walking up the stairs. It was around 3 in the morning and I remember thinking, why is my husband coming in this late and coming up in his work boots? I even felt the presence of someone standing over me and it took my brain a bit to register what was actually happening. Why Would he come here this late when he said he was staying at our old house that night? He wouldn't intentionally come in to scare us. Then it dawned on me that he wasn't there and my level of alert shot me out of bed.

I looked around for the nearest thing I could use as a weapon and quickly clutched a screw driver. My ears were buzzing trying to intently listen for the slightest creak to prove that someone else was in the house. I searched every crevice in that house and all locks and windows were sealed tight. After reassuring myself that no one was in fact present, it took me over an hour to settle down enough to drift back to sleep.

Since then, I've only had 1 other incident that stood out enough to mention. 

I believe I may have witnessed a shadow person. I don't say that hesitantly because it genuinely spooked me to my core. Lying in bed and I glance up towards the doorway-still no idea what made me look up. I see the silhouette of a head, shoulder and arm of someone peeking around the door frame. My first thought was my 4year old but he was asleep as well. Before I could get more detail of what I was seeing, it quickly darted out of my view, back behind the wall in the hall.

Normally, I would doubt myself, brushing it off as just a trick of light or whatever thought would take over but I knew what I saw, you couldn't convince me anything otherwise, the image fully etched in my brain.

That night, I didn't sleep.

Experience has taught me to trust my gut, listen to that little voice and 'just know' when a situation is threatening or just my fear/worry. What I saw wasn't just a figment of imagination nor a hallucination, if something has the capacity to actively affect the environment (block the light), it makes one wonder.


Comments

Popular Posts